Visiting relatives / Friends Visa
- Visiting relatives / Friends Visa
Visiting relatives / Friends Visa
Documents required for filing visa application
- registered application form
- 1 passport size colour photograph
- Original passport
- Copy of the passport biopage
- Copy of ID card
- copy of the host’s / guarantor’s passport
- invitation letter / officially registered invitation ("ZAPROSZENIE")
Please note that there is no obligation is registering official invitation in Poland by the host person - this procedure is a choice as it is connected with legal responsibilities. Regular invitation letter issued by the host person (not registered at "urząd wojewódzki") must indicate personal data of the inviting and invited parties, the purpose and duration of the visit, the place of residence of the applicant, relations between the host and applicant, a written commitment to cover the applicant’s living, return and healthcare costs if necessary, signature of the inviting party.
Additionally if the invitation is not officially registered at urząd wojewódzki the applicant will be requested to submit a document proving the host’s ability of covering costs associated with the applicant’s stay as well as a document confirming the host’s legal title to the residential premises or a document confirming the host’s ability of providing accommodation to the applicant elsewhere, e.g. an ownership act, rent contract, reservation in the hotel.
- travel history of the sponsor in case of non-formalised relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend)
- documents proving family ties certified with apostille stamp or legalized by the competent authorities
The certification must be submitted only if the applicant and the host person are relatives, e.g. marital status, birth certificates, etc.
- marriage certificate certified with apostille stamp or legalized by the competent authorities
If family member of Polish/EU/EEA citizens only.
- travel health insurance certificate and its copy
- The sum insured has to exceed 30.000 Euro.
- Only a policy issued by an insurance company based in Europe or listed insurance companies are accepted by the Embassies of the Schengen Countries in Manila.
- For Schengen visa the insurance policy shall cover all Schengen area states.
- The policy shall cover at least the entire period of the first trip.
- Please see the requirements in "Travel Insurance" section.
- confirmation of sufficient financial means for the applicant
e.g. Bank certification, bank books, personal bank statements showing regular income, credit card statements or balance covering the last 6 months or the tax clearance for the previous year. For sponsorship - notary sponsorship letter covering the period of the requested visa and bank transactions of a sponsor.
Please note that officially registered invitation ("zaproszenie") may confirm financial means for the applicant. Nevertheless presentation of regular income does prove ties with the country and may serve as one of the guarantors of return before the visa expiration.
- confirmation of sufficient financial means for the host person / guarantor
e.g. notary sponsorship letter covering the period of the requested visa, bank statements presenting the transactions / movements of the last 6 months or tax clearance for the previous year. Please note that a document proving financial means is not required when officially registered invitation is presented.
- proof of relationship
e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate, photocopy of the biodata page of the sponsor’s passport
- confirmation of employment / private business / studies / pension
- For company employees - original letter from employer confirming the position in the company, date of employment, salary for the last 6 months and period of holidays granted (certificate of leave of absence). The letter must include the name and position of the person who signed the certificate, registration and contact details of the company. The letter has be certified by wet seal. You may be also requested to submit work book.
- For private business – confirmation of business registration, license, income tax return, business financial statement
- For students – proof of enrolment, certificate from the school with confirmation of leave of absence and the valid student's ID card. You may be also requested to submit a student’s record-book.
- For university representatives – letter from the school confirming employment and purpose of travelling.
- For pensioners – pension certificate indicating the amount of pension
- For unemployed – a written signed explanation on the applicant’s labour situation
- document confirming ownership of real estate property in the Philippines (if applicable)
- proof of social security contributions, (if applicable)
- confirmed round-trip flight reservation with fixed dates, booking number and transport reservation in the Schengen states if the applicant visits more than one Schengen country
- hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
Please note that only officially registered invitation confirms place of accommodation. Other cases require hotel reservation or written statement of the host of character and location of accommodation.
- birth certificate, notarized consent from custodian/certificate of custody/a copy of a custodian’s passport/Department of Social Welfare and Development clearance
For children under 18 years of age only.
- If pupil or student: certificate from school – proof of enrolment, certificate of leave of absence (if travelling during school year)
- copy of Alien Certificate Registration (ACR) /re-entry permit - the document shall be valid for at least 3 months after expiry of the visa.
Form must be filled out on-line, printed out and signed personally by the applicant (for minors the application shall be signed by one of the parents or a legal guardian).
All entries should be properly filled out - no blanks.
Size 35 x 45 mm.
Not older than 6 months.
Printed on high quality paper.
Please verify the requirements (Visa information → Photograph).
Must be valid at least 3 months calculating from the date of intended departure from the Schengen area.
Must contain at least two blank visa pages, excluding the endorsements pages.
Not older than 10 years (extended passports are not accepted).
For residents holding non-Philippine passport only
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements.
- Size of photograph: 3.5 X 4.5 cm
- Sharp and in color, printed on high-quality paper with a white background
- Not older than 6 months, enabling identification of applying person
- "En face" - face straight to the objective, both sides of the face need to be visible
- Photograph must present a person from top of head to shoulders
- Size of the head should cover 70-80% of vertical length of a photo
- Head must be uncovered and unveiled, face must not be covered by hair, eyes must be visible, mouth must be shut
- Glasses must not be dark
- Eyes must be visible through frames
- Glasses must not reflect the light
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- Face must not be shadowed by head cover
IF YOU WEAR GLASSES:
IF YOU WEAR RELIGIOUS HEAD COVERS:
Please click here learn more about photograph requirements.
The standard processing time for visa processing is 15 calendar days.
The processing time might be extended for citizens of certain countries or specific categories of travelers due to mandatory visa consultation. Third countries whose nationals or specific categories of such third country nationals who are subject to prior consultation is published on the website of the European Commission - click here.