Visiting relatives / Friends Visa
- Visiting relatives / Friends Visa
Visiting relatives / Friends Visa
Documents required for filling visa application
- registered application form
- 1 passport size colour photograph
- Original passport
- Copy of the passport biopage
- Copy of ID card
- copy of the host’s / guarantor’s passport
- invitation letter / officially registered invitation ("ZAPROSZENIE")
Please note that there is no obligation in registering official invitation in Poland by the host person - this procedure is a choice as it is connected with legal responsibilities. Regular invitation letter issued by the host person (not registered at "Urząd Wojewódzki") must indicate personal data of the inviting and invited parties, the purpose and duration of the visit, the place of residence of the applicant, relations between the host and applicant, a written commitment to cover the applicant’s living, return and healthcare costs if necessary, signature of the inviting party.
Additionally, if the invitation is not officially registered at "Urząd Wojewódzki" the applicant will be requested to submit a document proving the host’s ability of covering costs associated with the applicant’s stay as well as a document confirming the host’s legal title to the residential premises or a document confirming the host’s ability of providing accommodation to the applicant elsewhere, e.g. an ownership act, rent contract, reservation in the hotel.
- travel history of the sponsor in case of non-formalized relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend)
- documents proving family ties
The certification must be submitted only if the applicant and the host person are relatives, e.g. marital status, birth certificates, etc.
- marriage certificate certified with apostille stamp or legalized by the competent authorities
If family member of Polish/EU/EEA citizens only.
- Travel health insurance certificate and its copy
- The sum insured has to exceed 30.000 Euro.
- Only a policy issued by an insurance company based in Europe or listed insurance companies are accepted by the Embassies of the Schengen Countries in Manila.
- The policy shall be valid for all Schengen area states.
- The policy shall cover at least the entire period of the first trip.
- Please see the requirements in "Travel Insurance" section.
- proof of sufficient financial means
e.g. bank statements presenting the transactions / movements of the last 6 months or the tax clearance for the previous year.
Please note that officially registered invitation ("Zaproszenie") may confirm financial means for the applicant. Nevertheless presentation of regular income does prove ties with the country and may serve as one of the guarantors of return before the visa expiration.
- proof of sufficient financial means for the host person / guarantor
e.g. notary sponsorship letter covering the period of the requested visa, bank statements presenting the transactions / movements of the last 6 months or tax clearance for the previous year. Please note that a document proving financial means is not required when officially registered invitation is presented.
- proof of employment / private business / studies / pension
- For company employees - original letter from employer confirming the position in the company, date of employment, salary for the last 6 months and period of holidays granted (certificate of leave of absence). The letter must include the name and position of the person who signed the certificate, registration and contact details of the company.
- For private business – confirmation of business registration, license, income tax return, business financial statement;
- For students – certificate from the school with confirmation of leave of absence and the valid student's ID card. You may be also requested to submit a student’s record-book;
- For university representatives – letter from the school confirming employment and purpose of travelling;
- For pensioners – pension certificate indicating the amount of pension;
- For unemployed – a written and signed explanation on the applicant’s labour situation;
- proof of ownership of real estate property in the Philippines (if applicable)
- confirmed round-trip flight reservation with fixed dates, booking number and transport reservation in the Schengen states if the applicant visits more than one Schengen country
- hotel reservation or other proof of accommodation
Please note that only officially registered invitation confirms place of accommodation. Other cases require hotel reservation or written statement of the host on the character and location of accommodation.
- birth certificate, notarized consent from custodian/certificate of custody/letter from school/a copy of a custodian’s passport/Department of Social Welfare and Development clearance
For children under 18 years of age only.
- certificate from school
If child is applying.
- copy of Alien Certificate Registration (ACR)/re-entry permit - the document shall be valid for at least 3 months after expiry of the visa.
For residents holding non-Philippine passport only.
Form must be filled out on-line, printed out and signed personally by the applicant (for minors, the application shall be signed personally by at least one of the parents or a legal guardian while submitting the application).
All entries should be properly filled out - no blanks.
Size 35 x 45 mm.
Not older than 6 months.
Printed on high quality paper.
Please verify the requirements (Visa information → Photograph).
Must be valid at least 3 months calculating from the date of intended departure from the Schengen area.
Must contain at least two blank visa pages, excluding the endorsements pages.
Not older than 10 years (extended passports are not accepted).