- Seafarers visa
Documents required for filing visa application
- registered application form
- 1 passport size colour photograph
- Original passport
- Copy of the passport biopage
- original and copy of valid seaman’s book (if applicable, original and copy of old seaman’s books)
- copy of ID card
- Travel health insurance certificate and its copy
The sum insured has to exceed 30.000 Euro.
Only a policy issued by an insurance company based in Europe or listed insurance companies are accepted by the Embassies of the Schengen Countries in Manila.
The policy shall be valid for all Schengen area states.
The policy shall cover at least the entire period of the first trip.
Please see the requirements in "Travel Insurance" section.
- guarantee letter/ letter of appointment from the manning agency in the Philippines
- Employment contract
- copy of the working contract of the seafarer in order to board the ship (POEA contract)
- invitation letter from the Polish shipping agency
It must state whether the organizers cover the expenses of living during the applicant’s transit. The following information must also be included in the letter:
- The seafarer’s full name
- Place and date of birth, passport number, seaman’s book number (if relevant), including the date of issue and period of validity
- Date of issue and period of validity of the invitation
- The seafarer's position on the vessel (for a group of seafarers this information may be included in a signed list carrying the agency’s seal and attached to the invitation letter)
- Date and airport of entry in the territory of the Member States
- Name of the vessel
- Port of boarding
- Duration of the contract
- Itinerary that the seafarer will follow to arrive in the Member State of destination.
- The name and address of the Philippine agency that will submit the visa application and, upon the seafarer’s arrival, be in charge of transporting him to the vessel.
- itinerary that the seafarer will follow to arrive in the Schengen area then the port of boarding and who will be in charge to transport him to the final destination to board the vessel
- confirmed flight ticket reservation with fixed dates and booking number
Form must be filled out on-line, printed out and signed personally by the applicant
Size 35 x 45 mm.
Not older than 6 months.
Printed on high quality paper.
Complying with ICAO guidelines (International Civil Aviation Organization)
Please verify the requirements (Visa information → Photograph).
Must be valid at least 3 months calculating from the date of intended departure from the Schengen area.
Must contain at least two blank visa pages, excluding the endorsements pages.
Not older than 10 years (extended passports are not accepted).
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements.
- Size of photograph: 3.5 X 4.5 cm
- Sharp and in color, printed on high-quality paper with a white background
- Not older than 6 months, enabling identification of applying person
- "En face" - face straight to the objective, both sides of the face need to be visible
- Photograph must present a person from top of head to shoulders
- Size of the head should cover 70-80% of vertical length of a photo
- Head must be uncovered and unveiled, face must not be covered by hair, eyes must be visible, mouth must be shut
- Glasses must not be dark
- Eyes must be visible through frames
- Glasses must not reflect the light
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- Face must not be shadowed by head cover
IF YOU WEAR GLASSES:
IF YOU WEAR RELIGIOUS HEAD COVERS:
Please click here learn more about photograph requirements.
The standard processing time for visa processing is 15 calendar days.
The processing time might be extended for citizens of certain countries or specific categories of travelers due to mandatory visa consultation. Third countries whose nationals or specific categories of such third country nationals who are subject to prior consultation is published on the website of the European Commission - click here.